TransDigm, Inc. (“TransDigm”) was a manufacturer of highly engineered aircraft components for use on nearly all commercial and military aircraft. During Odyssey’s ownership period, TransDigm was the only certified supplier of these products in the aftermarket due to its sole source position with the original equipment manufacturer and its exclusive status as the only manufacturer approved by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Successfully expanded new product programs and value-added pricing
- Enhanced financial controls and management, including recruiting a new CFO
- Improved cash generation, particularly management of working capital
- Acquired six companies and significantly increased overall profitability by combining operations, reducing overhead and continuing value-added pricing
- EBITDA grew more than 180% during Odyssey's ownership